Lab Phone Number:812-855-5025
Lab E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers sought by the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at Indiana University to participate in a brain imaging study of decision-making (IRB #1704978097). This study requires approximately 5.5-8 hours and will be scheduled over several days. Eligible volunteers must:
- Be between the ages of 18-55
- Have no history of neurological or mental health disorder (e.g. Parkinson’s, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder)
- Not use illegal drugs/alcohol before participating. Arrive sober & pass a urine drug test showing no use of illicit drugs (e.g. cocaine, heroin)
During this experiment, you would partake in:
1) Interviews about your past mental health, demographic questionnaires, verbal and paper & pencil tests of concentration and memory. Take a urine drug test. **This visit may take place at Indiana University Bloomington OR the IU Health Neuroscience Center in Indianapolis.**
2) Completing two decision-making computer task in an MRI scanner for approximately 1.5 hours to obtain non-invasive pictures of your brain. These tasks involve making decisions such as choosing between gamble options and risking potential for reward versus loss. **This visit must take place at Indiana University Bloomington Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences. It is possible to reimburse for transportation**
Eligible participants will be compensated $10/hr for general study participation, $25/hr for the MRI brain scanning session, and a bonus for task completion which on average is ~$20.
If you are interested, please email email@example.com the following information, with subject titled "Risk Decision Study". This information will only be accessed by research personnel and will not be used as part of the study. By responding to these questions you are providing consent for us to use this information for eligibility and scheduling purposes only. If you are ineligible your answers to these questions will not be retained by our lab.
- Handedness (Right/Left/Ambidextrous)
- Have you ever received a diagnosis for any emotional or psychiatric problems?
- Do you currently take any medication for any emotional or psychiatric reasons?
8. Are you claustrophobic or anxious in closed/tight places?
- Do you have normal vision, or corrected to normal visions if you wear glasses or contacts?
- Times/days for a 10 minute preliminary phone interview to determine study eligibility and phone number where we may reach you.
Thank you very much for your time and interest!
Indiana University Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience Center